Me and my man

Me and my man

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Go argue with my mother

Hello.  My name is Tricia.   It is not TRISHA - it's TREEEESHA.

When I was little and would meet a new friend, I would say my name was Tricia and they would promptly parrot back the name Trisha.  Whatever.   In my world, she could call me whatever she wanted as long as she wanted to play.  But my mom always took a moment with each new friend to make sure they knew how to pronounce my name as if proper pronunciation was apparently vital to the survival of the name.  She would have them practice saying it properly several times before they were approved to play.  I usually wanted to crawl under a rock by the time the lesson was over but I learned that those who were to be in my life for a long time, took the time to pronounce my name correctly.

So by way of introduction, my name is Tricia.  Pronounced TREE SHUH.   If you would like to join the masses in telling me that is not the proper way to pronounce my name - please take it up with my mother.  Truly, I had nothing to do with it - though I must say, the pronunciation of it has grown on me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment